注册

发新话题 回复该主题

伊州上诉法院判决: 伊曼纽无资格竞选芝加哥市长 [复制链接]

1#
该用户帖子内容已被屏蔽
分享 转发
2#

祸兮,福之所依啊:伊州最高法院判决Emanuel 有资格竞选市长。美联社认为,这反而会壮大Emanuel 的声势。

CHICAGO – Illinois' highest court put Rahm Emanuel back in the race for Chicago mayor Thursday, three days after a lower court threw the former White House chief of staff off the ballot because he had not lived in the city for a full year.

The state Supreme Court ruled unanimously in Emanuel's favor, with a majority of justices concluding that the earlier decision was "without any foundation" in the law because it said a candidate must be physically present in Chicago.

"As I said from the beginning, I think the voters deserve the right to make the choice of who should be mayor," Emanuel said shortly after getting word of the high court's action. "I'm relieved for the city. I'm relieved for the voters because they need the certainty that's important for them."

[ For complete coverage of politics and policy, go to Yahoo! Politics ]

Emanuel lived for nearly two years in Washington working for President Barack Obama. He moved back to Chicago in October, after Mayor Richard M. Daley announced he would not seek another term, and soon became the heavy favorite to lead the nation's third-largest city. He has also raised more money than any other candidate.

After learning of Thursday's decision, Emanuel said he took a congratulatory call from his old boss, the president.

Political observers said the ruling resurrecting Emanuel's candidacy would probably give him added momentum heading into the last month of the campaign.

Don Rose, a longtime analyst of Chicago politics, said the saga would bring Emanuel "even greater sympathy" and could lift him to victory.
发新话题 回复该主题