Discuz!NT|BBS|论坛

注册

发新话题 回复该主题

25区第二轮选举( Runoff Election of the 25th Ward ):苏礼仕区长赢得连任 [复制链接]

1#
银光图片

25区区长苏礼仕(Danny Solis)在4月5日的第二轮选举(runoff)中,以54.1%的得票率赢得连任!

25区区长候选人马飞鹰 (Morfin, 左一)的得票率为45.9%

具体选举结果:

25th Ward AldermanUpdated 9:06 p.m.,April 5, 2011

100% of precincts reporting
Source: Associated Press
Votes

Candidate   Votes  Pct. 
Solis 3,89854.1%
Morfin 3,30345.9%

消息来源: Chicago Tribune  / AP
分享 转发
2#

本网一向支持苏礼仕区长竞选连任,特此向苏礼仕区长表示祝贺!

本网为什么一向支持苏礼仕区长?原因如下:

1,为唐人街争取政府拨款,修路,修停车场,装治安监控摄像头,谭继平公园扩建等等。

2,苏礼仕能听取华裔社区的民意。

以近期华埠十二生肖广场下水道堵塞为例,污水倒涌臭气熏天,华人商家特别是餐馆业主,打311电话无人理会,后来求助区长,事情很快得到解决。详情请点击

最近手机公司要在唐人街装手机信号天线,担心健康受影响的民众强烈反弹,苏礼仕区长承诺尽快过问,并很快同手机公司,天线安装城承包商取得联系,在华联会的讨论会上首先宣布手机公司已撤销安装计划。详情请点击

而且,苏礼仕同芝加哥华裔社区一向联系紧密。这个应该不用多说了。唐人街的重大公众活动,比如春节游行,夏令会,都能看见他,都有他的支持。

3,苏礼仕区长对华友好。苏礼仕已至少四次访问中国,最近的一次是去哈尔滨,在芝加哥华裔友人的陪同下,将哈尔滨冰灯节带来芝加哥。

(本网坚信,亲身去过中国,亲身了解过中国的美国政客,对中国认知、评价、态度,必然是全面的、客观的、公正的。美国总有那么一批政客,特别是一些戴着冷战思维的有色眼镜、数十年来接受美国主流媒体对华片面报道的洗脑、始终对华不友好的死硬州议员、国会议员们,这帮死硬分子,一生从来都没去过中国但却始终对中国带着轻蔑与敌意。促进中美友好关系不是喊口号喊出来的,在美华人、机构应该促使更多各级政府的当政者、立法者访问中国,让他们对中国有一个全面的了解,这是非常重要的。)

4,对候选人马飞鹰而言,唐人街对他的了解太少,太少,我们能听到的只是他的承诺,只是他说过什么,而不是他已经做过什么。一个有民望的在任当政者,要把他拉下马是不容易的,这也许正是马飞鹰败选的根本原因。

3#

回复 2楼黄药师的帖子

马飞鹰(Cuahutemoc Morfin )曾在2007年也参加过25区区长竞选,并差点把苏礼仕拉下马,这回他也赢得了45.9%的选票,在25区7000多的投票者中,他仅以 595 票, 8.2%的差距落败。对于苏礼仕而言,马飞鹰是一位意志坚强、令人敬畏的对手。

马飞鹰在今年的选举中挑战苏礼仕区长,其中最重要的竞选口号就是社区环保,离唐人街不远,位于Pilson 社区的火力发电厂 (Fisk coal fire plant),这个电厂靠燃煤发电,煤炭在燃烧时产生铅,并随着烟筒飘散,危害社区,对居民健康尤其儿童的智力发育与成长造成威胁。 Chicago Tribune 近期有一篇报道,指出在Fisk电厂附近的小学楼顶,测到铅含量超标问题。

Fisk 电厂按计划是在2018年关闭,但现在 Pilson 社区的居民,环保主义机构希望政府介入,提前关闭该火力发电厂。

同2007年一样,今年苏礼仕区长又只是以微弱的优势取得连任,相信苏礼仕在赢得连任后,会重视其竞选对手提出的环保话题,毕竟,马飞鹰代表了25区45.9%的民意。

如下是马飞鹰在2011年4月4日接受Chicago Tribune采访的文章:

Morfin hopes to unseat Solis in 25th Ward

Chicago Tribune

http://www.redeyechicago.com/redeye-morfin-hopes-to-unseat-solis-in-25th-ward-20110404,0,6597189.story

5:25 p.m. CDT, April 4, 2011

redeye-morfin-hopes-to-unseat-solis-in-25th-ward-20110404

The battle between Ald. Danny Solis of the 25th Ward and community activist Cuahutemoc Morfin comes to a head Tuesday as ballots are cast in a runoff election for city council. RedEye spoke to both Solis and Morfin about their political priorities and their plans for the ward, which include the Chinatown, East Pilsen, Heart of Chicago, Pilsen, Little Italy, Tri-Taylor and University Village neighborhoods. Next up, a Q&A with Morfin. Here’s how he responded to our questions:

You almost pushed Solis into a runoff in 2007. What do you think will be the deciding factor to help you win in this runoff?

You know, one of the top priorities here has been the Fisk coal fire plant. I’m sure you’ve heard that the alderman has recently signed onto the clean power ordinance but hasn’t been supporting this measure to hold the plant accountable, and that’s a top priority issue. We are talking about the health of families in this 25th Ward and in all of Chicago. People have realized that it’s very alarming statistics and have realized that the alderman hasn’t put our health first and has taken political contributions from the coal plants. This has been a deciding factor in the runoff and will be in the election as well.

It pollutes not only the 25th Ward but also the south and north depending on how the wind is blowing. Now he has finally decided to support the ordinance and quite frankly we know that is not a sincere change on his part, and we believe that he is just doing it because he is feeling the heat and his political career is in jeopardy. I have no doubt that he will take this support back from the Chicago Clean Power Ordinance. This is the reputation that he has created for himself as alderman for the last 15 years.

How will you reach out to the different neighborhoods and their ethnic communities if you become alderman?

I’ve lived in the 25th Ward for just about 30 years now, and I actually grew up between Pilsen and Chinatown, and have been very active in the different communities. I know the 25th Ward very well, I know it’s a diverse ward, I even got to learn enough Chinese to get around and to have a short conversation with people over there in Chinatown, and it’s a community, My dad used to work in Chinatown as a dishwasher so folks know me over there. I grew up in Pilsen, I went to the schools here and I’ve been very active in many different efforts and issues in the community, and also University Village and University Commons. When the old markets were there, I know the area very well, and I used to work there as a little boy when I was in high school, and at the Tri-Taylor area I worked there as juvenile probation officer, in juvenile court, and I’m very familiar with that community and their issues on that side of the ward. I know the ward very well and I know the issues of the communities.

As the next alderman, would you change the way Tax Increment Financing is spent in Pilsen or the transparency around the process?

Absolutely, that has been one of our utmost concerns here in the 25th Ward. I’ve been living here for 30 years, and ever since I’ve been involved in community issues, I as of yet don’t know how the alderman allocates or prioritizes TIF money that is to our disposal. One of the things that I would do immediately is to convene residents, business owners and not-for-profit committees to make sure that people have a say, that people know where TIF money should go and how it should be allocated, and also as I said to have constituents have an input to where TIF funds should go, and priorities. The top priority right now is to create jobs and make sure this money is also going to public education. I want to bring transparency and accountability, and I want people to know its TIF money that’s available to our ward and decide what is the top priority for the 25th Ward.

Pilsen has seen rapid gentrification. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? And how do you plan to deal with it?

The way I see it, and I always tell people, “Look, change is bound to happen,” change happens not only in the 25th ward, if you want to call it gentrification, city-wide, nation-wide and world-wide. Pilsen back in the ‘20s and ‘30s used to be predominately Czechoslovakian, Polish, Lithuanian, and then throughout the years there was change and it is still at this time predominately Latino Mexican. It’s always been a port of entry, and I’m the kind of individual that’s very realistic, know that change is here, we have to take what is coming but we have to make sure we do it in a responsible way. If we’re going to allow change, then we have to make sure that developers are developing or constructing in a very responsible way as to not displace long-time residents. We need to make sure of two things: one, that property taxes are not extremely high, and two, make sure that we are not destroying the rich cultural and architectural sense of our communities in Chicago, making sure there is responsible development and affordable housing.

The issue of the unregulated Fisk coal plant in Pilsen has been a big one. What do you plan to do about it?

Well the alderman who has put this forward, the champion, is Joe Moore of the 49th Ward alderman. The Chicago Clean Power Ordinance which will put pressure on bringing Fisk and other Midwest Generation plants, like Crawford, up to code. The emissions they release in the air, carbon dioxide and particular matter that is injuring the health of Chicago. So, basically, sign on immediately. I’ve always been a strong and energetic support of bringing them up to code. Once I’m elected, I’ll immediately sing this ordinance to bring them up to code and make sure they sign this ordinance in the city council. Yes, it’s job [losses] we are talking about, there are about 200 jobs in Fisk, but only about seven or eight people live in the area. Also the power that’s being generated is not generated for Chicago or the state of Illinois. We’re not getting the jobs or the power, but we’re getting a lot of illnesses.
You have been accused of having your business shut down for not paying taxes and being fined for dangerous conditions. What is your answer to the critics who say this?

Yeah, it’s been outrageous. To me, it’s the typical dirty politics that the alderman … my answer to that is if he was a good elected official and had been doing his job, he wouldn’t have to make up lies that are untrue, statements about the business I had that was very successful and is still around. The first introduced [the] concept of working out and nutrition store in the Pilsen area. I sold it in 2005 because I decided to run and I didn’t want to juggle both things at the same time, because when I do something I like to dedicate myself to it full time. To start with, if I owed even a dollar to the City of Chicago or the state, I wouldn’t be allowed to run on the ballot. The other statement he is making is that I want to raise state income tax. That is totally ridiculous as it would be totally out of my jurisdiction as an alderman. My dad and I do own a building on Halsted where I did have my business before, and funnily enough in October, inspectors showed up in the building and wrote up all kinds of nonsense violations. It’s very obvious that because I’m running against him, that’s what it is, but it’s been taken care of. I do have a continuance, and I am going to fix whatever needs to be fixed, there’s no breaking the law there.

If you become alderman, your term will start under a new mayor. How will you work with him, but also challenge him on the tough issues?

I consider myself a true independent, and I will be a true independent alderman elected by the people and for the people. That is my main goal as a candidate and also as an elected alderman of the 25th Ward. I don’t have a problem working with anybody, I’m very workable, very reasonable, but I’ll always put the interests of the 25th Ward first. We have a new mayor, and I hope that his ideas are to put the interests of the city first because that’s what I’m planning to do and what I’ll be implementing once I’m alderman.

What is your favorite thing about Pilsen?

The diversity of the restaurants, the food and the people. The people are very friendly. There are a lot of people in the 25th Ward, I’ve come across a lot of people from being active in the community on the issues, cleaning the streets with young people, educating people about the need for recycling. Just the diversity, a lot of murals, a lot of art, a lot of artists with talent, it’s wonderful, it’s a great place to visit. The 25th Ward has great potential, and I have great ideas to help businesses keep their doors open and bring the city revenue. In Pilsen particularly, just the ambience as you walk or bike ride or take a drive through the different streets, the murals and the painting on the brick wall and the bridges, just the vibrancy of the community [is my favorite].
4#

目前25区各投票站的投票取向分析结果尚未出台。但从目前情况看,苏礼仕区长只是以595票取胜。

唐人街大约2000注册选民,以30%投票率计,唐人街区域600票的取向,也许能起到关键的作用,起到四两拨千斤的作用。

当然了,是不是这样,要看具体资料,不过在以往伊州选举中,已经出现过主流选民对半分流,最后决定选举结果的,是为数不多的少数族裔选票的情况。
5#

25区区长苏礼仕,在唐人街社区有着强大的民意支持,看图说话:

侨领马森柱等,2月份以个人名义赞助助选卡车,巡回三天在唐人街开动。4月5日第二轮投票前,马森柱,韩龙灏等侨领,在华埠广场住宅区挨家挨户敲门,动员华裔选民出来投票,为唐人街社区选出最合适的区长。

晓军美食集团胡晓军、皇上皇烧腊马森柱、御龙轩伍立强、千味赵健航、香港超市林明、协和门窗梁安、超群饼家赵培业等华裔工商业主,在2月份为Solis 举办助选造势大会

美亚协会举办敬老餐会,出席餐会的侨领以个人名义力挺苏礼仕

苏礼仕2月份拜访中华会馆,众侨领均以个人名义表示支持苏礼仕

盈泰集团黄思亦两次举办筹款餐会,支持苏礼仕连任。芝城风云人物、侨领关其炼也出席站台。
发新话题 回复该主题