Discuz!NT|BBS|论坛

注册

发新话题 回复该主题

Lightroom help please [复制链接]

1#
There are various versions of LR. The LR-5 costs $145 whereas the LR-Elements only $80. Besides, there are older versions such as LR-4, or even LR-3, etc. I never used LR before and am not dexterous in computer use. In order to avoid over-kill or insufficient power, could someone with experience help me by recommending a practical version? Many thanks.
分享 转发
2#

I am not aware of anything called LR-Elements, maybe Photoshop Elements? Latest version of LR is 5. If you want to save a few bucks by going to a lower version, make sure that version has the raw support for you camera or if you shoot jpg only than it is ok. Remember, though, each version of this kind of software improved over the previous so I don't see a  reason to go back to the older version just to save the few bucks. Also, you need to ask yourself why you want LR, instead of your current workflow.
3#

回复 2楼大光圈的帖子

Thank you. Good question! Occasionally, I have a need to straighten the curved vertical wall or pillars, for example,  and elongate the models' body line. I thought LR would also allow me to add light on top of hairs. My current system, Picasa, does not allow me to do any of these. Besides, I'd like to learn the post-treatment techniques per se. Without knowing how to do it is like a job half done.
4#

Just get LR and you will never return to your old way.
5#

回复 4楼drfcheng的帖子

Great!  THX.
发新话题 回复该主题